View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 11:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Laramie
Trim Level: Longhorn Crew Cab
Color: White/Gold
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:487
Silvercreek is a glorious beacon of lightSilvercreek is a glorious beacon of lightSilvercreek is a glorious beacon of lightSilvercreek is a glorious beacon of lightSilvercreek is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackdashack View Post
Mr.Silver: Didn't I qualify that as 25/26 hwy mpg? I not, I apologize, there's no averaging 25mpg in all driving. But it's not near that around town, but if the truck's own factory equipment is to be believed it's getting 25/26 hwy. And the emblem that says 5.7 HEMI and BIG HORN emblem. Isn't that what 2013 RAM is advertising anyway? This EVIC has a number of options to scroll through. One comes up looking similar to a speedometer, but shows live second by second your mpg as the throttle is pressed/depressed. If I do a lot of hwy on a trip it's been averaging about 20mpg. Of course there's only about 550 miles on the truck. If there is a lot of town driving in that trip, then it's significantly lower.

Sorry if I was not clear. The only other thing I know to do is take a cell photo but I believe I've answered the question. ":-D
My comment was intended as a Tongue-in-cheek statement only. I am a new RAM owner myself and have been only getting 19.5 mpg on the highway at 65 mph. Of course my truck only has 850 miles on it and I hope the fuel mileage improves as it gets broken in.

*** US Army Retired - 11B40 - 1964/'85 ***