Old 10-23-2013, 03:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 2WD
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:77
bigedschukar will become famous soon enough

So I got my recall notice like 6 months ago, basically like everyone else. I waited a month or so and then called the 800-number. Dodge told me that they still did not have the parts but to wait for another notice in the mail. Waited... never got anything. I called the 800-number again last week and was told that SOME dealerships have the parts so I could call around, or I could wait for the second mailing which would start going out on 10/21/13.

This post got me feelin' frisky so I called my usual dealership this afternoon. They DO have the parts but said that they need to do a full inspection before just repairing the pinion nut. Obviously (and like others have said), if more damage has been done they will fix it at that time as well.

SOOOOO.......I'll be dropping my 2009 off with them tomorrow. I'm optimistic everything will be square. I'm 108,000 miles in and haven't had or heard any issues!!