View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 03:24 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012, 07, 05 Cummins
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: 2 Black, 1 White
Rep:116
PUREVIL will become famous soon enoughPUREVIL will become famous soon enough

After years of having my bikes and cars split between 3 addresses im finally building a garage that will hold most of my stuff! The shop/garage will be a 100X60X16 mostly parking/storage but i have a shop area too. This garage will be an addition to my parents house which currently has 5 garage stalls. Im currently remodeling their house (they moved to Vegas) and when the remodel is done im moving in.

Here is the basic layout i drew up, nothing is to scale. There is going to be a second floor for storage and maybe a small lounge area over looking the main garage above the office/storage room/mech rooms.

And it begins

some floor heat tubing... if you look off in the distance you can see the tubes are ran with installing a lift in mind

Concrete is done.... framing will start this week. The square sections of concrete are level... the triangles are angled towards the floor drains. When i wash or bring in snowy cars/trucks I will park them over the drains over night to let them melt off so i can try and keep the floors as clean as possible by containing the messy stuff.

Some framing

They were working on the front wall yesterday Im going to head out there today and check on the progress. Im looking for flooring ideas for the garage area. I have epoxy in my house now and i like its look, but i dont like that it chips up under kick stands of motorcycles and I dont like that its slippery when its wet. Do you guys have any suggestions for flooring ideas?

Walls are done..... trusses start going up tomorrow, im pretty happy with the progress thus far.