View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 08:03 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram, Quad Cab
Trim Level: ST with combo packag
Color: white
Rep:136
Dancianne will become famous soon enoughDancianne will become famous soon enough
Default V-6 Lover

It has been my observation and opinion that the vast majority of pickup owners use their trucks for basic everyday transportation and occasional hauling of garden supplies or the like. My 3.7L V-6 Ram is used for just these same purposes and Iíve never had a performance issue. Actually, I canít remember of any such time that I needed more power. Even if I had the all powerful Hemi, Iíd never use or need itís awesome power. While I donít know the 0-60 abilities of either my 3.7 nor the Hemi, I donít care since what I have more than meets all of my needs. For those who are always looking for ways to modify their 3.7ís for more power, Iíd have to ask why? Do you really it in the first place, and if so, why didnít you go with the Hemi to begin with. I would suspect that the cost many of you V-6 owners have incurred to modify your Rams comes close to the price difference between the two engines. My advice for any 3.7 owner thinking about modifications, just forget it and enjoy what you have. Whatever your reasons were for choosing the 3.7 originally are still valid and you made a good choice. Of course if you are one whoís circumstances have changed, such has buying a big boat or work needs now necessitate more power, then by all means, just consider trading for a Hemi and forget the mods.