View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 06:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2744
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin776 View Post
yeah. i just wish tires weren't so DAMN expensive. it's insane.

i just can't seem to sit on any money. im makin more than i ever have, but shit keeps popping up.

i tell myself I'm rich, just with a lot of bills. lol.

buying beer and hunting gear and ammo doesn't help saving up any
Yeah I like to myself I am rich too. but then I realize I have to set apart a few grand for a year of school, and have money aside for insurance and gas seeing as during the school year I only work 1 week day and sometimes weekends, plus the odd scrap run.. So gotta save where I can.. I see all this money come flying in and then realize that it is already going aside and then look and see I can afford to buy an air freshener and that is about all.. I bought my truck up front so I do not have to worry about that spending thank god. And I wish I had a hunting gear to spend money on and guns lol. I got my girlfriend.. So there goes that money
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
I approve of both these statements!!

Kyle, what are you looking at getting for your next truck?

Brandon, have you thought about colour matching your whole front bumper? I'm thinking that would look really good on your truck. Especially with the new wheels and tires you have on there. Then either leave the grille black or colour match it as well. It would be a sick looking set up IMO.
I have thought about the whole colour match.. Seen a bunch of silver 3rd gen rams around my city with painted bumpers and they look sweet, just don't think I would want to fork out the cash for it. the one thing I like about my black plasti-dipp is that it does a great job protecting my steel bumpers so if I ever sold the truck and removed it all, they would look brand new still. And I am liking the whole silver and black I am going with right now. Down the road I may get bored and change it al up, but who knows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin776 View Post
not sure man. I really like the idea of a ram 2500, just because i think they are the absolute best looking lifted trucks out there.

might play around with the idea of going back to a Ford, F250 maybe. say what you want.

it's kind of far off for right now. still have 3.5 years to pay my 2007 off. then about that time my little bro will just be starting to drive so I'll give it to him.

or maybe if I swing a decent job out of this internship then ill trade her in. i just really don't know. It's going to be tough for sure.

i know it's going to be white or gray. no more of this dark blue bullshit, horrible color to keep looking good.
Dark colours look awesome.. But require more cleaning then driving .. 1 reason I love silver is that it just always looks clean except when muddy or hadn't been washed in a long long time.

And boo to Ford .. Other then a king ranch because they are nice.. I have an 08 F350 single cab long box 4x4 offroad with a 6.4L powerstroke.. Truck has had some pain in the ass problems and feels underpowered for a diesel. It does haul everything we hook up to it though. Actually it is easier to drive it with a heavy trailer hooked up over no load... No load feels like your driving a lumber truck through a field.
Tow mirrors up for all the haters