Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:33
rb10475 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arth View Post
Of the 10 or even 50 posts you see here there where over a few 100k+ trucks produced.

You are seeing the internet megaphone effect. Most of the people who have nothing wrong with their trucks don't post about it!

If we had people posting about how their trucks have nothing wrong with them and updating us everyday about how nothing is wrong with their truck just like those that complain of small issues or have a legitimate issue this forum and many others would get flooded.

All brands have their common problems sure. Most of the time there is a fix or it is just known.
I would have to agree. I've owned a lot brands of vehicles and every forum is the same. It doesn't matter if it is the RAM, Toyota, VW, or the BMW forums. A forum is the last thing you should use to judge whether or not to buy a vehicle. Make that choice by what turns you on and then you will love what you drive. If you don't get that right you will look for everything wrong with the vehicle and just be unhappy from the start.

I would use the forum as a research tool to educate yourself on what the known problems are for the year and make of what you are buying and then you can look to see if the vehicle you are purchasing has those issues.

But to answer your question, I have 20K miles on my 2013 RAM with no mechanical issues at all. I only have a few issues with vehicle phone error message.