Old 11-03-2013, 03:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Ram Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:91
hriczko806 will become famous soon enough

I had the same type of issue with my door. The driver door would not open from the outside but I could open it from the inside. The lock actuator died on me. I searched the internet for weeks trying to find the lowest price but all I could find was 75.00 on eBay.

So I got creative and scoured the junk yard. If you're handy this is a good 6.00 fix. (At least thats what my local "U-Pull It" charged me. I couldnt find any Rams in the yard but there were tons of minivans. I pulled a lock actuator from an 03 Chrysler town and country and it looked very similar. When I got it home I had to modify two pieces and it fit perfectly.

Theres an arm with a weight on it on the town and country actuator that the ram didnt have so I got the dremmel out and cut off the weight. The only other thing you have to do is move a spring from the rams actuator to the new one, on the same arm you just modified, and it fits perfectly. I saved over 70 bucks (after shipping) and it took me less than 20 min to fix.

I wish I would have taken pictures but trust me its very very easy and straight forward once you get the parts in front of you.