View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 02:50 PM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hriczko806 View Post
I had the same type of issue with my door. The driver door would not open from the outside but I could open it from the inside. The lock actuator died on me. I searched the internet for weeks trying to find the lowest price but all I could find was 75.00 on eBay.

So I got creative and scoured the junk yard. If you're handy this is a good 6.00 fix. (At least thats what my local "U-Pull It" charged me. I couldnt find any Rams in the yard but there were tons of minivans. I pulled a lock actuator from an 03 Chrysler town and country and it looked very similar. When I got it home I had to modify two pieces and it fit perfectly.

Theres an arm with a weight on it on the town and country actuator that the ram didnt have so I got the dremmel out and cut off the weight. The only other thing you have to do is move a spring from the rams actuator to the new one, on the same arm you just modified, and it fits perfectly. I saved over 70 bucks (after shipping) and it took me less than 20 min to fix.

I wish I would have taken pictures but trust me its very very easy and straight forward once you get the parts in front of you.
Thanks for the info. Could come in handy for a member down the road.