View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 05:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Sage Green Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:496
dodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Truck goodies done

So last week I got my timbrens done and yesterday my 5" tips came in. So today I got em all welded up and done and I'm very happy with the results. I was looking at getting a 2.25-4" adaptor but realized that the factory exhaust tip is basically an adaptor so after some cutting and welding I was able to use the factory tip as the adaptor and was able to re install the ball connection for adjustment. Here's some pix. Only took bout 45 minutes start to finish

Was gonna leave it like this but the girlfriend didn't approve

And here is my adaptor it was just tack welded in this pic but I did weld the seem up solid

And here is finished product

The tips I got off ebay $31 a peice they are double walled polished stainless. If anyone looking to do 5" tips and dosent wanna pay out the ass this is the route to go. I got $75 invested into these finished product
Sponsored links