View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 05:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:465
Monster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret View Post
My heated seats are crap as well. I was thinking it had something to do with the fact that they are heated and cooled seats not just heated.
You are correct, vented seats are the ones not warming up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batster View Post
Like alot of other people in this thread mentioned, my seat will burn your arss if you let it. I'd say either your seat heat is no plugged in or you have lost all your feelings in your butt. Because you said you took an IR reading and only show 92 degrees im leaning towards your heater is no functioning.
My son ran through the diagnostics this weekend and his conclusion is a poor design. The front seat heaters pulled three amps on high, compare that to the heated steering wheel at seven amps. Everything appeared to be functioning correctly and no DTCs were set.

My rear seats warm up nicely, it is just the front seats. Like said, the low setting, well, my body heat does more than the heater pads. On high, I can barely feel warmth.

I've had heated seats in many vehicles including my wife's Tahoe which has heated/cooled seating and they got nice and warm. All I have left is to beg Chrysler to re-evaluate the seat heating system and release better calibrations.