Old 11-13-2013, 09:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
quiksilver13 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation New to Hemi, need help on decisions!

Hello everyone! Glad to finally be on the forum. Any way I purchased my first brand new truck a few months ago. A 2013 RAM 1500 4x4 crew cab 6-speed. Absolutely love it, but as some one coming from nothing but modified diesels, I need more power and have absolutely no idea what I am doing quite honestly to get the most out of these trucks without going too extreme. Thanks to research on this forum I had decided on tuning from Hemifever, vararam intake, 87mm TB from Moe's, and a Mufflex muffler delete. But before I pulled the trigger on ordering this stuff I need a little help.

I wasn't paying attention when I bought my truck on the gearing, as it took a little while to find 1 equipped with everything else exactly how I wanted it slipped my mind and now I am cursed with the 3.55 gearing. I love the mileage being around 17, but I want it to be quicker .. and am considering 3.92, 4.10, or maybe even 4.56s. I don't want my mileage to drop below around 15 avg mixed driving, and can't seem to find much of what people are getting with 4.10s or 4.56s though.. I will be keeping stock sized tires and know the other mods will help mileage but would like some personal experience on this as I cannot decide on what gears to get. And I know it might be a long shot (since my truck is about as heavy as the half-tons can get) but would like high 13s in the 1/4.

Also, how reliable are these trucks overall when modded? I know it has warranty but if the programmer or something winds up getting rid of that, should I expect to have problems? I do have a somewhat heavy foot, and make trips to the track when I can. since this is my only means of transportation I really need it to stay reliable while being as fast as it can while doing so.

And what about a converter?? I don't tow much, just a fourwheeler every now and then, so would a 2800-3000 stall be suitable? What works best on these trucks for a daily driver?

Sorry for such a long post but I wanted to make sure to cover all the info I thought ya'll might need. Thanks in advance for any help!
Sponsored links