Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn Crew 4X4
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
johnsodm is on a distinguished road
Default Just had torque converter replaced

I have had my 2010 Ram 1500 Bighorn 4x4 since new, and over the summer I pulled two RV's that were 33 feet in length. Shortly after, pulling my boat or even normal driving I heard a weird exhaust noise and couldn't figure it out, so I found info on the web and found the starcase for the torque converter. Sounded exactly like my issue, so I took it to my dealer (I have 56000 miles on it and never heard the noise until this summer) and gave them the starcase info and asked them to check it out. Within an hour they said they would replace the torque converter and it would be done by the next afternoon. And it was. They replaced everything under warranty, no issues, no questions asked, unbelievable. I took it home, no more noise, full day driving today, no more noise. Except for one bolt they forgot to tighten on top of the bell housing, everything was put back nicely. Amazing. I am mentioning all of this because had it not been for pulling a substantial amount of weight with my truck I may not have ever known that I had the defective part until some time after my warranty was up. So I felt it was necessary to give you guys a heads-up to check it out before your warranty goes out. My boat apparently wasn't heavy enough to bring on the noise, or maybe pulling the RV's was just a coincidence and the noise was going to develop inevitably anyway. Big job, check yours and get it fixed. One thing I did notice, however, is the truck now shifts like a wimp from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd, noticeably different from before...
Sponsored links