Thread: Bedliner
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 03:19 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Red
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:254
Bigred74 is a jewel in the roughBigred74 is a jewel in the roughBigred74 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebestestdrummer View Post
I'd tend to agree. I have NO bedliner whatsoever. So i have no experience in it. But when I get it done I'm going to get it professionally Line-x'ed. It'll cost a little bit more, but once its said and done with i'tll last longer, plus a great warranty. It also should perform better than most DIY stuff (im not saying DIY stuff is shit, It works for some, others it doesn't.

But hey, I'm also a Freshman in college, Getting it professionally done isn't in the budget whatsoever. So I know where that penny pinching comes in. I buy things for my truck all the time just to tide me over.

If you want to DIY then go for it, your choice. DIY might work a lot in your favor as well. Or it could shrivel up and fade and die in like 2 weeks. I haven't got a price check, But that 4k price tag is wayyyyyyy above what I've heard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlerattle View Post
I don't know where your getting $4k+?? My local Line-X guy will shoot an entire truck for around $1500. OI have used a lot of the "do-it-yourself" liners out there and I have to say sometimes your better off just pinching pennies until you can afford to do it right or have it professionally done. I have not used Scorpion products yet, so maybe they are great, but 9 out of 10 on the market are not. That is not to say they don't have their place, but you get exactly what you pay for.

Example.

Scorpion spray $100
Cheap air gun $40
Air Compressor $100
Prep Supplies $50
Taping supplies $50

Your damn near at $350 anyway, why not just pay the extra $100 and get it done professionally with a warranty?
If it would have been $1500 i would have had them do it in a heart beat but the line-x dealer here in Colombia, Missouri quoted me $3,500 when i brought my truck to them and my bed is already done so i said $4,000 cause it would be another $500 for the bed if having the whole truck done. Plus what line-x usually charges out the a$$ for any color other than black... now dont quote me on this cause its just what i have heard is that usually a $500 bed you add another $200 to have it sprayed red vs black.

now for spray gun.. it came with the bedliner. Tape my dad got from work lol. my dad also has a 32x32 wood shop so we cleared out a space for my truck to spray and he already has like 3 air compressors so access to one of those was easy lol so just invested in some sand paper and some plastic to make up a make shift paint booth to protect his equipment which wasnt too pricey and we still have lot of plastic left for other projects in the future.

either way im happy with how it turned out on my truck and since i ordered it direct from scorpion its guaranteed for the life of my truck from fading, chipping, or cracking which is one reason i went this route plus its fun to see peoples face when they asked where i had it done and i tell them i did it have already had people wanting me to spray theirs

*Bedliner paint job, leveling kit, 3'' body lift, 17'' eagle alloy rims series 197, 315/70/17 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T tires, S&B cold air intake, 52mm ported and bored throttle body, Superchips 3865 programmer