View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 05:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Power Wagon
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:256
battlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigred74 View Post
If it would have been $1500 i would have had them do it in a heart beat but the line-x dealer here in Colombia, Missouri quoted me $3,500 when i brought my truck to them and my bed is already done so i said $4,000 cause it would be another $500 for the bed if having the whole truck done. Plus what line-x usually charges out the a$$ for any color other than black... now dont quote me on this cause its just what i have heard is that usually a $500 bed you add another $200 to have it sprayed red vs black.

now for spray gun.. it came with the bedliner. Tape my dad got from work lol. my dad also has a 32x32 wood shop so we cleared out a space for my truck to spray and he already has like 3 air compressors so access to one of those was easy lol so just invested in some sand paper and some plastic to make up a make shift paint booth to protect his equipment which wasnt too pricey and we still have lot of plastic left for other projects in the future.

either way im happy with how it turned out on my truck and since i ordered it direct from scorpion its guaranteed for the life of my truck from fading, chipping, or cracking which is one reason i went this route plus its fun to see peoples face when they asked where i had it done and i tell them i did it have already had people wanting me to spray theirs

Your truck turned out great, and no one is denying that. But for someone with no experience and no access to the materials you have then having it professionally done is probably the best way to go. That said shop around for the Line-X, dealers can sell it for what they want. My $1500 quote for the truck included me dropping off a stripped truck (i.e. I did almost all the labor). All my Line-X guy would have to do is tape, scuff and spray.