View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 09:21 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Years ago I worked with someone who owned an Oldsmobile Bravada. Her fuel pump fried 3 times in one year and her husband was so sick and tired of dropping the fuel tank he cut a hole in the floor just like this guy.
Yeah fuel pumps were very common issue for GM's in the 90's and early 00's. I put 5 fuel pumps in my 97 s10 in 2 years. Just like gonefishin said I dropped the tank the first time and it took a few hours. 2nd time I took the bed off. 3rd,4th,5th times I was so good at taking the bed off I could do the entire job from start/finish with just the help of one person to lift the bed I could do it all in under an hour.

They FINALLY came out with a new harness to fix the issue, and after that 5th pump it's still going strong (now belongs to my boss's son).

We had a 97(IIRC) malibu as well and I think we put 3 pumps in it in a year or so. I hated dropping that tank.

Most vehicles now have access panels built in the floor board for the fuel pump since fuel filter's are typically not serviceable anymore.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.