Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500
Trim Level: Power Wagon ST
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:87
Trail Whale will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortex911 View Post
Sweet truck!!! Great post and thx again for taking the time for the detailed info. Do you think the on road ride quality becoming stiffer is soley due to the shocks or a combination of the new shocks and larger/stiffer coil spings? I'm going to level mine but keep the rear at stock height. In your opininion how should I accomplish it. In a previous post you said the control arms need to be changed to adjustable one's as the stock ones will not be long enough after leveling the front end. Do I need to replace both upper and lower control arms? Should I purchase the Carli front coil springs or just use a spacer? Are there any other components that I need to change to keep the geometry of the front end correct? I'm not an avid off roader I'm doing the leveling mostly for added clearence/look but still want to be able to perform off road with out any issues. As always thanks for your help. Thx, Dave
If I wanted to do a high quality leveling kit for the truck, I would do:
Carli Hemi coils
Carli control arms (it's a full set of four, and they are not adjustable)
Carli trackbar
That's it. That would net you 2" lift up front to sit perfectly level! (I tried to take a few pics with just the frontend lifted but, they came out too dark, sorry) It will have all correct geometry and will sit VERY nice!

I would keep your stock shocks since they are actually the tiniest bit longer than the Carli shocks. (at least in the case of my Kings) I think a majority of the change in ride quality in my truck is from the shocks, they are tuned to excel at high speed off road. I will be trying to see if reducing their pressure makes them ride better for what I do with the truck.

That setup would give you a level ride height, better ground clearance, some room for larger tires, and I think it would ride nice too!

Sorry for the delay in my response, I am sick as a dog right now.