Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
datboiryan is on a distinguished road
Default Two kills over the past week

Decided to race a buddy the other night. I've always wondered who's was faster. My truck is a 2010 Ram Sport QC with the only performance mod being a new muffler. So it's all stock with 80k miles. His was a 2005 Cummins dually, standard transmission. I know he's running no muffler and has a programmer.

So we were rolling down the highway about 45 and the first two I smoke him. It really wasn't even close. Same thing on the second run. On the third and last run I decide to have a little fun. He punched it and I let him get a small 1 car lead by just feathering the throttle before getting on it around 60-70 and then pulling him in. This one was all in good fun.

Next was a few days later. Cruising on the highway when I see what looks to be an 05-08 Mustang GT. So I'm assuming it had the 4.6? Think it was an auto. Anyway, he passes me and I pull up beside him. Trying to get him to slow down and go. Well I guess he misunderstood me and he just went when I wasn't ready. We were probably rolling around 60ish. He obviously gets the jump on me just above my front bumper but I roll him back in and hit him with the deuces as I go by him. He then exited off. I'll be honest, I was expecting the worst. Are those Stangs really that slow? Possible that he let off? Was expecting a bit more out of it but I guess not. I do know that he floored it though because I could hear his weak exhaust.

Either way, the Hemi is still undefeated.
Sponsored links