View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 08:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennismonsewicz View Post
With some of the items you mentioned (addons for the vehicle), how much improvement can I expect?
Best case, you'll be looking at maybe 1-2 mpg increase, if you're really luck you might get 3 mpg once in awhile.

There isn't really a hell of a lot that you can do to increase the fuel mileage of the HEMI, other than slow down and do the "Driving Miss Daisy" thing.

I've tried really hard, and the best that I've ever seen around town is about 15 mpg, and that was doing really slow starts, and trying to keep the revs under 3000 rpms. With my wife driving on a 600+ mile trip we did see 21 mpg on the interstate, though the best I've done personally is about 19.6.

The HEMI likes to drink the fuel, and there is very little that can be done, except to feed the beast.

good luck

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill