Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: 1500 ST W/CCP 26C
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
dgrazulis is on a distinguished road
Default 2011 RAM Express Roof Leak

I have a 2011 Express that had hail damage in 2012. The truck wasn't even a year old yet. The PDR guy that did the work is reputed to be the best there is in WPA, OH, WV area, and the truck turned out beautiful. No evidence visible whatsoever. Even the insurance adjuster said that I was very fortunate to have found this guy, as they had used him for some very high end work.
I recently discovered a roof leak at the left A pillar, and the water actually streams out of the screw-hole cover on the grab handle after being parked in a heavy rain.
This is an odd location for the water to pour out since it is more vertical than horizontal at that cap, and there is nowhere nearby for the water to lay.
I'm wondering if the PDR guy had to pull the exterior rubber strip and drill a hole to access the roof, and now the seal has failed.
It took about 8 or 9 months for this leak to show up, so I don't know about approaching the host body shop where the PDR guy did the work at this late date. I also have the torque converter noise, so I'm thinking trade.