View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 01:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500HD
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:563
Iqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnarron View Post
i just got a 2009 ram. i had a 04' previously lit up like a Christmas tree. wiring is a big hobby of mine. but im always posed of where i can put a clean looking switch. well when i got this truck i knew what i wanted to do. i wanted to find a way to use my factory Home link garage door buttons to toggle a relay and turn my lights on and off. today i tested this theory on a light bar out side the truck and it worked. i purchased a linear wireless receiver and 3 wireless buttons. programmed each button on its on Chanel on the receiver and then each receiver to its respective home link button. i just broke negative power of my light with the relay. it worked perfectly. so now i have three buttons that wireless give me a dry contact. now to buy lights im either going to make switch one control the front, 2 the rear and three the sides or do 1 the front and sides, 2 the rear and 3 all the lights.

Has anyone done or seen this done before?
You sir are insane in theory. I've never tried it now I have a new challenge this site needs a hazard warning on it because every time I get on it it becomes bad for my wallet.
Great find

To many mods to list ask and I shall give you all the information, and help I can.
Everything from outside to interior.