View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 02:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

on the 2009 Ram
the Ipod cable was not run to the Upper Glove Compartment, like it was in the newer models
IF you have a radio that had the cable, you had to hunt for it
open your lower glove compartment, then carefully push in the sides of the insert & pull the insert towards you. Then look under the Upper Insert, you will find a screw, remove it, now carefully remove the insert. Then look behind the radio, if your radio came with the cable, it will be coiled up & wire tied to other wiring in back of the radio.

Now is the time to check to see if the radios MINI USB PORT will work with your APPLE device
Some people will put an extension cable on it to run the cable to a better location then the glove compartment for easier use, others just trim out a hole in the glove compartment or run it through the glove compartment lights cut out hole.
I have the 2009 Ram RER 730N radio & my cable was never used & would still be behind the radio.
The RHB 430N & RBZ 430 radios should have come with the mini usb cable
I don't recall if the RES 130 & RES 130s radios came with a mini usb cable
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 11-22-2013 at 02:24 PM.