Old 11-26-2013, 02:06 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:156
RandyW has a spectacular aura aboutRandyW has a spectacular aura about

Someone just told me about this thread. I have a 2014, so I created a thread under that section. Rather than re-type it, I'll paste my post here:

Ever since my last hunting trip in GA, I've had this ridiculously fowl smell coming from the front of my truck and in through the A/C. I was up there about 10 days and it rained once or twice. The truck was in the shade part of the day, but the weather was always relatively cool. I had some leaves on the hood, but I removed them pretty regularly. I only left camp with the truck a couple of times, so it sat there the majority of the trip. My trip was from Oct. 31 - Nov. 10.

The smell is still there, I can't get it to go away. It's not so bad when I turn on the recirculating air, but when you step out of the truck, or roll the window down, it hits you pretty bad. The smell is real bad around the front of my truck also. I've checked everywhere for leaves, dead critters, etc. I can't find anything. At first I thought it was a dead rat or something.

Any ideas? It's driving me nuts trying to get this smell to go away and everyone I park next to is probably wondering what the hell is up with my truck.

By the way, my truck is a 2014 Ram 1500, just bought it less than 2 months ago.

Man, I hope they come up with something pretty fast, this smell is absolutely horrendous on/in my truck. I was literally checking everywhere under the hood for a dead rat or something. I traded my almost brand new 2013 Ford F-150 (I bought it new, kept it 5 months) because of a defect they have on all F-150 trucks with the EcoBoost engine. Although my new RAM runs perfectly, I am a little discouraged that it has this stupid smell issue, though they clearly should have known about it from the 2013 models (and should have fixed it by now).
2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Crew Cab Big Horn (3.21 gears) - Black Ext. Black/Grey Int. Mods include: Weathertech Digital Floormats, Limo Tint + Windshield, 2.5" HBS Leveling Kit, Blacked out badges, LED bulbs Interior/Exterior, 13" Stubby AntennaX, In-Cab Air Filter Mod, 18" Ultra Baron Wheels & 275/70R18 Nitto Trail Grapplers.