Old 11-28-2013, 10:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 ram
Trim Level: Big Horn 4X4
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:29
markjr is on a distinguished road

I'm glad this is a thread. I have asked this same question before and received so many different answers. I have read my Lifetime documents and it does not show a 5 year inspection in there anywhere, or in my warranty book. My owners manual wants me to go 7500 miles between changes. I go every 3000 miles and I'm going to try to force myself to go 4. From what I have read and have been told by the Dealer's Service Manger is that as long as the work is documented within the mileage, you are fine. The receipts are there to prove you didn't put a $1.95 Dollar store oil filter or recycled oil in a $40,000 truck. I asked about the mileage verses the months time frame ( 32,000 miles or 24 months for the tune up on a Hemi for my 2012 year ) and was told just go by the mileage, most people don't get 32,000 in 2 years. It sounds like we are all talking about our warranties, and some are getting close to 10 years apart and like everything else, they have differences. I paid, I think around $2200 for the Lifetime $100 deductible from Chrysler when I bought my truck because I plan on keeping until it falls apart and doesn't cover anymore. So then.... if the motor is $6,000 and the truck is worth $5,000 according to the NADA book , your coverage is then gone. ( 1st paragraph under " A service contract" header.). They just don't plan on people keeping vehicles that long anymore and you know most don't, and when they do, they either forget or just don't transfer ownership of the extended. Rams hold value pretty good so it should be a long while anyhow.

Last edited by markjr; 11-28-2013 at 10:37 PM.