View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 04:36 PM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJoe View Post
The dealer is an absolute last resort for me.I have only had my Ram for a couple of months, had no problems what so ever and have never enjoyed a new truck more. I will change my oil myself every 5000 miles, will use 5-20 synthetic on the first change and stick with it thereafter. I am leaning towards just getting Mopar filters and sticking with them.
Just a note about other people changing your oil. My wife's Camry came with a few free oil changes. The free deal ran out and I changed it the last time and it about took two men and a boy to get the filter canister loosened. The newer Camrys have a canister system with a specified torque which if followed makes it much easier to change it the next time. My point is that they can even screw up something as simple as a routine oil change. If you know how to do it, do it yourself.
Agreed! Do it yourself when possible.