Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 1500 big horn
Trim Level: big horn
Color: flame red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:16
2011bighorn is on a distinguished road
Default Coolant leak

Hey guys just posting about my current situation. I have had a coolant leak off and on, on my 2011 1500 bighorn. I took it to dealer for oil change and asked them to check it out. They said we see old dried coolant nothing new. They put the due in and told me to come back the next day. I go back they pressure test it and can't get it to leak of course. They told me we see a small spot where it might possibly be coming from. They order a new water pump gasket and tell me they will call when it's in. That was the 23. I gave them until the 2 of dec due to holiday and called back because now when I start the truck first thing on cold mornings, it leaks like a bastard until truck gets to operating temp. They had me drop the truck off last night to see if they can get it to duplicate the issue I describe. The think the water pump has a small weep hole in it that closes when it gets warm. And I course the water pump is on national back order for Chrysler. They haven't called yet to tell me what it exactly is yet it will repost when I find out.
Sponsored links