Old 12-06-2013, 11:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
ChrisG is on a distinguished road

Just installed a Kenwood TM-D710A in my 2013 Laramie. Fabbed up a piece of sheet metal that bolts down under the passenger seat where the jack was using the hold down bolt holes (both the standard 1500 one and the painted-over one for the 2500/3500 jack). The Kenwood transceiver is mounted on the inside part of this plate and I mounted the bracket for my Icom IC-7000 on the outer part, though not going to install that radio yet.

The remote head and an AvMap G6 GPS unit for APRS are mounted on a Lido UtiliMount on the inside drivers side of the center console pocket (where the gear shift would be if I didn't have a rotary shifter). When I install the Icom, I'll probably put a second mount in front of this one, move the Kenwood/Avmap forward to that one, and put the Icom on the rear one.

I'm going to do a more thorough write-up on my Wordpress site, but here are a couple pics. The first one shows the sheet metal plate being test fit, the second one shows it with the Kenwood transceiver and Icom bracket mounted and the third one is the remote head.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ham1.jpg (93.4 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Ham2.jpg (95.2 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Ham3.jpg (109.7 KB, 27 views)