View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 08:04 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT sport
Color: red
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:183
Dann has a spectacular aura aboutDann has a spectacular aura about
Default Is technology in vehicles making us Paranoid

Ok I know its a strange title but could not think of how to word it So I will explain what i mean.

Modern day Truck, Car, Bike, you can be motoring along and a Light will come on the dash, Your first thoughts Oh My God how much is this gonna cost, But yet the vehicle is still working.

1990's Truck, Car, Bike you had a Guage for various important things in your vehicle Oh thats pressure looks low hmm must check it and top up if need be it told you what was wrong or going to be wrong without having to have a computer skills qualification.

1980.s Truck, car, Bike shes running good has been for ages keeping up with the services she needs and goes anywere I want, when something goes wrong its not a light or a code or even a low reading on a gauge, it was a clunk and snap a bang then to fix it it was a hammer and a peice of string and we are away again.

I just think all this technology with lights and codes etc is making us paranoid and the vehicles soft, who needs a parking sensors, auto tinit mirrors, self adjusting this, traction control, stability control etc just make it right make it strong make it last, and only put on things we need, give us a few gauges for us to monitor but also give us the option of adding some so we can see other things.

I wont carry on I could moan about it for hours but thats just my 2pence worth of how I think modern day technology is making the vehicle soft and us soft and relying on all the driver aids too much.

Last edited by Dann; 12-29-2009 at 08:06 AM.
Sponsored links