View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 08:29 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

what radio do you have?
If when you plug in an Ipod and you get the "error occurred" message, then you can not simply just go to the 2nd update that you were first trying to do. The reason is because updates look for particular SW versions. If the "error occurred" message is being displayed, then you are on SW version 43.1.10 as is on the label. The SW update for the streaming sound quality is looking for SW version 43.1.40 which is what it will be after performing the updates in the order that is listed in the 2nd link that I provided.
1) delete all of the update files on your computer,
2) download the file from this link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5h...20uconnect.upd

3) this file has both of the updates in it and will look for the 43.1.30 that you currently have and should work.
4) when it is downloaded to your computer, rename the file to--
uconnect.upd,
5) now try it in the vehicle using the steps that have been provided in the other threads for performing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC61RAM1500 View Post
I downloaded the mygig software update 2007-2013 and put it on my clean formatted flash drive and still get the exact same message. It showed downloading on the screen for just a second once then the message came on and it quit and wouldn't ever try to download again. What's next.