View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 12:07 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

I like to think that I am learned individual, who can appreciate a myriad of differences between people and cultures, and society in general.

I often read or hear things that stick in the back of my brain, and hope that at the right time these memories will come flooding back.

Music is also another interest I have, though I can't play an instrument to save my soul, but I do appreciate the art of playing it, singing it and more importantly writing it.

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young are just that said group of individuals whom appreciation and respect I have plenty for.

"Teach Your Children" is one of those songs that brings meaning to mind of this threads topic.

The words can fit several different social settings in life, and each of us will take a different meaning from the lyrics.

The ones that I cling to are "Teach your children well", and "Teach your parents well".....

Bullying to me is just that.

To either start the bullying or stop the bullying is because we have "Taught our children well".

Children can "teach their parents well" by stopping it, and showing them that what they are doing is wrong.

Bullying is not a "gay" thing, its an any person, any day thing, and MUST BE STOPPED!

A beautiful young 17 year old Canadian girl named Rehtaeh Parsons committed suicide from the constant cyber bullying of local kids, and it had nothing to do with "being different" or being "gay", it had to do with an alleged rape and the fact that boys had sent electronic images of her in the act.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_of_Rehtaeh_Parsons

And then there is the tragic story of Amanda Todd, another young Canadian girl caught up in the electronic age.

A topless photo of her circulated the net, and the bullying that ensued is just beyond comprehension!

Have a look at this link, and tell me that this just doesn't rip your guts out!

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/coquitlam-girl-...llied-1.991914

It's sad, just quite sad, and we must do something about this!

Your son or daughter, niece or nephew, brother or sister could be next.