View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 01:07 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:3944
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2009 December - Dodge Ram Member Of The Month

Congratulations to our December Winner

CdnoilRAM

And now a word from your winner......

Hey guys

Well, I canít say enough about how much I appreciate being this monthís Member of the Month. Being the second MOTM on the RamforumZ is quite an honour, even if it means that I am in fact the first loser!

My love of trucks started back in Zimbabwe with my dadís old Ď80s Land Rover that went absolutely EVERYWHERE. It had a snorkel kit and a bulletproof engine... ever had a truck underwater except for the roof? I have and I love trucks for that. My love of DODGE trucks started when I first moved to North America in í97. We moved into the San Francisco Bay area and the first vehicle we owned was a í97 Grand Caravan Sport. While my family was looking at the mini-Vans, I was drooling over the new Ram 1500s. Moving to Canada, my dad picked up a í95 F-150 to haul his boat, but after a few months realized it was just too underpowered. He traded it in for a í98 5.9L 2500 to haul his boat and trailer. I got to play with the 2500 a few times and I loved roasting the tires around turns, which got me in lots of trouble with local PD. Aside from a few tickets and new set of tires that my dad made me pay for, I had the Ram truck bug.

When I finally moved to Calgary and began working in the oil patch, the best I could afford was a Dakota 3.7L V6 2WD but it was a Dodge truck and I never looked back. That mini truck moved me across the continent twice and even survived being rear-ended at 80km/hr when I was on a first date. I wanted to mod the Dakota, but being a university student didnít leave me with much expendable income. After moving back to Calgary and getting a new career started, I knew I needed to upgrade if I wanted to keep a truck for a while. So I traded in that Dakota for my í07 4x4 HEMI RAM ST. My family is Dodge lovers, with my fatherís í08 3500 Cummins, my brotherís í05 1500 Laramie. They kind of laughed when I bought my ST and traded in my Dakota. They donít get my modding bug, so bare bones didnít make sense to them. It had the HEMI and 4x4; but I had a plan of what I wanted to do with it. I searched the truck mags for ideas on where to start buying stuff. Then the avalanche began with my plans for building a full show/daily driver. I started with sketches in a notebook at work, then started doing lots of research on how I could mod a HEMI Ram.

I came across the Z when I was looking for info for dropping my 4x4 ram and I knew Iíd found a place where the Dodge lover in me could feel at home. I met some really great people on here and I passed on what I could. I think the best thing about the Z is the atmosphere, thereís almost no arguing, fighting, or name calling, except in fun.

This is a great honour, and thanks again guys!

Like what you see? Support this fine site!

Go here for great how-to's and make sure you know the rules!

Make sure you show off your Ram by posting pics in the GALLERY!!

L.O.B.

Sponsored links