View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by red041500 View Post
thats gotta be a typo... 23.3 mpg !!!!! i dont think mine could get that if i dropped it out of a airplane. id be happy to get my 18.5 on the highway back , over 20mpg in a full size truck is impressive , do you offer driving lessons ??

i am wondering if possibly the cold weather could be playing a roll in my milage drop , ive done my usual drive in 90 degrees and 70 degrees , but this was the first time below freezing and the milage dropped bad. dont see it playing that big of a factor b ut i dont know. any thoughts on that ?
Winter blended fuels are notorious for not getting as good economy as the summer blends. If you warm up the truck before you take off, that will take some away from your mileage as well. Then consider the temperature itself. Colder air is more dense which means more air will be going into the engine. When you have more air going in, you have to add more fuel to achieve the correct air-fuel ratio.