View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 10:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 RCSB Ram
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:460
Hornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of light

I'm not familiar with the older 4.7's,but their PCV system shouldn't be much differant.
PCV systems have operated pretty well on the same basic principle for the last 40 years.
Once the throttle blade is open,vacumn in the intake manifold drops off,and you start to get cylinder pressure leaking past the rings,and pressurizing the crankcase,leading to positive crankcase pressure,opposite of what happens at idle,when the crankcase is under vacumn.
I'm a one finger typer,and i'm a little tired tonight,but i hope that makes sense

If your PCV valve is located towards the back of the drivers side valve cover,it should have a plastic line from it to the intake.
On mine,i cut the plastic line swiveled the PCV valve to face the opposite direction,and slid my catch can hoses over the cut plastic line,then mounted the can on the firewall.
I've seen the cans mounted in differant spots,they aren't real critical on where you mount them,so you'll have to look around your engine bay for a mounting location that works for your application