View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 07:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Hemi Regular Cab
Trim Level: ST
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:277
GrayhemiST is a jewel in the roughGrayhemiST is a jewel in the roughGrayhemiST is a jewel in the rough

Wow.....great posts on this issue......I have been on many sides of this issue.....bullied as a kid.......parent of a victim.....and as I have posted, a Teacher who councils and teaches about Bullying Prevention to middle school students. Many of you have great points, and I hear your frustrations about "todays bullying". We all know this problem isn't new.....it's been around for decades....but only over the last 10-15 years has it been put in the spotlight as a social and mental issue.....not only with the children, but with adults as well. RARELY does bullying occur one on one.....bullies work 2 ways.....with an audience or behind a computer......the victim?..... Worried that if they say something, the situation will worsen, so they keep it to themselves, which usually leads to isolation and depression.....and in some cases, suicide with violent consequences. A bully, believe it or not, usually has self confidence problems of their own, and they use the "tough" act to cover up their own mental/emotional issues. These problems (bully or victim) last well into adulthood, which affect their own lives plus their families. If it were easy for the victims to get "tough" and take care of the bullies themselves......there wouldn't be any reason for this discussion. It's a different world today.......people need help.