Old 01-02-2010, 01:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1985 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: 100 Custom
Color: Flat gray
Engine: 1981-1987 225ci (3.7L) Slant-6 95hp
Rep:36
Blujeans is on a distinguished road

thanks for the welcome everyone! I always wanted a Ram, but I wasn't planning on buying something this old. When I bought this truck it had been sitting for a few years in someone's back yard. Covered in pine sap, barely running. It had a lot of the features I wanted. Shortbox, two wheel drive, even a sunroof. I took it even though I knew we'd have a long road. It's my daily driver, so it's a slow process. It is in good shape, but as a New England truck it has a bit of rot. I replaced the passenger side rocker panel, you can see the difference if you look closely. Also, I replaced the radiator support panel behind the front grille. It is in bad need of body work and paint. My plan is to shave all decals and use the same charcoal color. Your thoughts?
Under the hood is the 225 /6. I had the old carb cleaned and rebuilt. I'm thinking of a two barrel? How much would this effect performance? I'd love input on that. New radiator was installed, alternator, starter. Basically just bringing it back to life. When I bought it was obvious that someone had sliced off the cat con, and the owner proudly showed me the remains of the exhaust system. I pieced it back together, and since I don't need an emissions test on an 85 it works out fine. There is a slight leak, and I'd like to upgrade the system. Again, I'd love your thoughts on this guys. What would make this sound a bit better? The interior isn't bad. No rips. Just needs a bit of tlc. The tires are new. I'd like to see about new wheels as well. Here's a few more pictures. If it were yours what would you do?

Last edited by Blujeans; 01-02-2010 at 02:01 PM.