Old 01-09-2014, 12:32 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:105
smurfs will become famous soon enoughsmurfs will become famous soon enough

The LT E rated tires are more than your wheels are rated to carry, and unless you are riding with 60PSI in tow, you aren't gaining a thing- in fact, they will likely wear funny and quicker possibly leading to a failure. I run 50-55 daily in my E rated on the 20" rims I have, and boost the rear to 60 when I am loading heavy or plan on towing. This is the same as I did on my previous truck. I have NO idea what they are rated to carry (OEM Lariat 20's) and I can't find it online, but I have heard from the tire shops that they don't see issues with them until you start inflating to the 75-80PSI mark. 55-60 gives me the equivalent load capacity of the P rated tires at 44PSI, but they are a bit firmer- so I don't get that squishy feel.

As for a difference in mileage- you'll notice it unhitched and hitched. It's that little extra width, the more aggressive tread, and the added weight. You'll feel it too.

Like mentioned, be mindful of your axle rating- don't load to the capacity of your tire. Even the P rated are capable of more than your axle is. The only benefit for an E rated tire on a 1500 is for towing and taking out some of that sway in the backend of the truck.

Last edited by smurfs; 01-09-2014 at 12:38 AM.