View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 07:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: SS/T
Color: black w/ silver stripes
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:883
98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold
Default SS/T Problems round 2

Can a moderator move this to the problems section? - Thanks

I don't get it guys. It went undercover for a while. Lately my truck started acting up again. At half tank, it bogged a few times, didn't die. Now at a quarter it is a total pain to keep running. My dad is solely convinced on it being water in the gas tank.

I've added heet's product to it and that caused it to sputter a lot but eventually ran through it

I had napa plug in their stupid hand held computer thing to my OBDII and there was no codes. The guy said IACV, I cleaned it, spotless, and cleaned my throttle body. He also told me to test it by turning the key and seeing if it moved. Oh it moved alright, had to put it back together cause it shot off.

Went unharmed for a while. Then it acted up a bit at half a tank. But dissappeared for a bit. Then now at a quarter tank it is bad. After driving/stalling for a while it seems to be fine.

I'd think that if water was in the gas tank... It would be a constant thing NOT go silent inbetween 1/2 tank and 1/4 tank then start again, though it is dying.

I've Seafoamed it as well. It has to be mechanically sound.

What the hell is wrong? Is this symptoms of water in the tank? If so, why didn't heets product work?

Alex, 1998 Ram 1500 SS/T. What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.

Last edited by 98sst; 01-04-2010 at 08:05 PM.
Sponsored links