View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:3944
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Winter driving etiquette?

So here is the deal. As most of you know, moved from the big city with no seasons to the midwest that has seasons. This is my first full winter so I am a rookie and learning what I can (mostly from MADDOG.....thank you!!).

We got snow yesterday, back roads are snow covered and icy. Have been told to take it easy, go slow, no sudden movements, no problem, don't want Blue to get hurt.

Coming up to a 4 way stop, have a truck in front of me, turning right. I am a good two car lengths behind him, as he comes up to his stop and I am going 10-15 MPH creeping up behind him so I don't have to hit the brakes hard - anticipating the stop. I look in my rear view and there is a car coming up fast behind me, way too fast for road conditions. Truck in front of me executes his turn, I am coming up to make my stop. Look in my mirror again to see what idiot is doing and see his spin out right behind me! He ended up in the ditch on the east bound side of the road (I was going west) facing eastbound. Talk about karma!! Whew!!

So now here in lies my sort of dilema.....should have I gotten out to make sure he was ok? My attitude was he was going way too fast and would have rear ended me so why the hell should I? I took off as there were other cars there. Had I gotten out I would have told him that is what he gets for driving stupid!

What is, if any, the proper winter driving etiquette when things like this happen?

Like what you see? Support this fine site!

Go here for great how-to's and make sure you know the rules!

Make sure you show off your Ram by posting pics in the GALLERY!!

L.O.B.

Sponsored links