View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 07:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Express Quad Cab
Trim Level: Express QC Rwd
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:108
SoCalExpress will become famous soon enoughSoCalExpress will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
As the OP said, you gotta remember that a diesel 3500 also weighs about 2000 pounds more than a 1500 hemi.... that's a huge difference. It takes a lot to get that kind of weight moving. But if you were to hook up a couple 8000 pound trailers to those truck and go do some pulls the Cummins would make the hemi look like it's standing still.

That's weird, with those mods your truck should be putting down more power. But the dyno could be off.... that's one of the main problems with dyno's that the public can run on now. They aren't calibrated properly...
Yeah, we are talking about approx 200 HP difference, just thought it might translate a little better to the pavement even with the increased weight. I used to drive for a moving company, my truck was a 379 peterbilt with a c15 cat motor and 13spd, I think around 475 HP and that things wasn't quick in the least but man could it pull. I understand the workings between a diesel and gasoline (at least it makes sense in my head ) I just find it amazing how the power band/curve or whatever it is referred to can vary so much and affect acceleration that much.

I agree with the mods and getting better numbers out out than you did, I don't know if environmental factors can influence it to that extent.