View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 12:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

You actually have 2 different issues here:
1) the radio most likely had to low of a SW version to just jump in with a higher version. Usually I will try to do updates in steps and with the tech just going to a higher or more current Sw version, it's possible that the radio has been damaged. Also he may have not used the correct update disc for that radio. But as you mentioned, they have ordered a new radio for you.

2) The issue with the IPhone going into the "error" message and also the streaming audio issue (did it sound fast like the chipmunks?) If so then there is a Uconnect SW update that came out back in 2011 for these issues. Have the dealer apply TSB # 08-036-11 rev A to the Uconnect system. This is done using a thumb drive in the remote mounted USB connector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickhard View Post
I haven't looked yet but here is my issue:

Went to dealer for oil change and asked them to update my radio(dealer said he could but had to order a disc). Anyway went in yesterday and got this done. Now my radio will not work at all. Nothing. It only shows the ram - Uconnect screen and then goes off and on like its trying to reboot. When the service advisor looked up my radio version it had never been updated so I know it probably needed all the updates. (My iPhone when plugged into the glove box would just display a error message in spanish and would never play, also the streaming sucked and skipped)

How can I get it working again? My radio is without nav

It seems like it needs a restart or something but I don't know where to start with that. They unplugged the battery and all that stuff. The only good thing is the dealer has ordered a new radio to replace it.