View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 04:54 PM
Team Bully

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1722
ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future

Volant is in!!!

Before:

Step 1: Disconnect negative battery cable.

Step 2: Loosen hose clamps on resonator box and stock air box

Step 3: Remove air hose from resonator box and stock air box.

Step 4: Remove breather hose from stock air box

Step 5: Pull out stock air box

Step 6: Remove grommets from stock air box and install in Volant air box

Step 7: Place Volant box where stock was and push down firmly. (I ended up breaking one of my plastic posts but it is still secure)

Step 8: Apply coupler to resonator box and firm up, do not tighten as it will warp the other end and create an issue connecting the air duct.

Step 9: Install Volant Air Duct to Volant Air box then slide back into coupler on resonator box, tighten clamp and install filter and tighten all 3 clamps. *Make sure opening for breather hose is in correct location

Step 10: Connect 3/4" elbow to air duct and connect breather hose to it.

Step 11: Place Volant cover on air box.

Step 12: Make sure everything is properly connected and all clamps are tightened.

Step 13: Re-connect negative battery cable

Complete!!!

Probably took me about an hour, but that was with also tracking down my tools that my two little helpers had * 7 year old son and 4 year old daughter*

Now to see how it will perform with my intune!! Next will probably have to be a Y pipe to let all this air flow out freely.