View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 01:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: None
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 239ci (3.9L) Magnum V6 175hp
canuckboy will become famous soon enoughcanuckboy will become famous soon enough

Ive heard the neutral trick works.... although I usually have my clutch in anyways when im stopping the neutral trick helps obviously with taking the drive off the wheels and allows the tires to bite in when the brakes are on.

As for the stopping vs. not stopping when people ditch it... its hard to say. Ive heard of horror stories around our area (lots of seniors) about people having health complications while driving and with that losing control of themselves or there vehicles which results in them driving into buildings, cars, ditches etc etc. I guess if you see people out of their cars and waiting around for a tow truck or already have assistance then you can assume that they are alright and possibly deserved it or whatever... but if not I dont think its such a terrible thing to stop and check. Even if they are a bad driver or just a straight out jerk, they probably have someone waiting for them somewhere and it would be terrible for them or anyone to be stuck injured or possibly dying in a freezing cold car.

Not trying to make people feel crappy but Ive heard of it happening....

Thanks and use caution during these winter months on the road.