Old 01-29-2014, 08:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 4x4 8spd w/3.92
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Major Malfunction is on a distinguished road

2012 Ram 1500 here. Ordered my entire kit (DBALL2, harness, and pre-programmed) from Ebay for $89 total. Used Doug43235 is who I bought from, as mentioned by other users here.

Got it today. Doug included printouts showing how he confirmed what firmware went on the DBALL2 and another print out showing that it was flashed correctly with 402.Chrysler 5.06 firmware.

Took out of the box. All was there and nicely packed. Took it out to truck, unscrewed the 2 screws holding on the bottom plate under the steering wheel, unplugged wiring harness going to ingnition key, plugged that into the CHTHD1 T wiring harness I ordered, plugged that into the DBALL2, observed the red LED light, inserted key, turned to ON, saw LED on DBALL2 flash green, removed key, hit UNLOCK on my key fob, observed LED turn green, hit UNLOCK on key fob 3 times, started getting mad that it didnt work....reread directions, realized its LOCK button, hit LOCK button 3x and started right up.

I think it took me about 4 minutes to get to the remote start attempt and then another 4 minutes while I tried to find my wire ties so I could finish tidying it all up so I could put it back together. Its literally so easy, I keep thinking I must have missed a step!

Awesome product for $89 and I hope my post puts some confidence in those on the fence on doing this.

I plan on hooking up the parking lights and hood wiring as soon as I get a chance. Its dark and 11 degrees out right now, so this is as far as I could take it. Will update or repost if I do the lights, etc.

Last edited by Major Malfunction; 01-29-2014 at 08:16 PM.