Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 4x4 8spd w/3.92
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Major Malfunction is on a distinguished road

UPDATE to my last post......

I hooked up the parking lights. Just as easy as the original install.

It uses a different wiring bus than the starter T wiring uses, but it comes with the DBALL2. On that harness, it clearly shows to use the 2 violet wires on the harness to the #1 wire (white) on the headlight switch. Again, popped the 2 screws off the kick plate under the steering wheel. Looked up and behind the dash to where the headlight switch is. Unplugged that harness. Sure enough, its a 10 wire as with #1 position being white wire.

I stripped down the 2 violet wires from the DBALL2 connector as the directions said to do, twisted them together, and then back fed them into the wiring harness #1 position so they are piggy backed with the white wire. Made sure no stray wires came out of my "jamming in" method. Wire tied that together tight so I dont have to worry about it coming out later, etc.

Hit the lock button 3x on the remote. Parking lights come on and she starts right up. It does NOT matter what position the actual headlight switch is in. If this wiring is hooked up, remote starting gives you your parking lights AND your driving lights if you use them.

Once you get in and put the key in, you will see that the "lights on" indicator is lit on the dash even if the headlight switch is OFF. Once you put your foot on the brake, the headlights and indicator return to the correct state of however the headlight switch is actually set.

This is the gift that keeps on giving. Next up, the hood switch.