View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 05:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:360
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice
Default Is it worth investing in a DA buffer and/or specialty liquids?

Hi all. I have always considered myself a clean freak when it comes to my vehicles and all my friends know me as the guy that keeps his truck spotless. Even so, I'm stuck in the era of doing everything by hand. I wash regularly with quality soap, clay when needed (usually once a year), and apply Nu-finish Polish and then Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax twice a year. The paint on my truck is in excellent condition for the year with no major correction needed plus it's silver so it doesn't show imperfections too bad anyway. Here are my questions.

Is there any real benefit (other than time and ease of use) in investing in a beginner buffer/polisher? Am I going to be able to tell a difference when I get done versus doing it by hand?

Would there be any benefit to adding a step with some quality compound prior to polishing and waxing?

I am a big fan of Meguiar's and I like being able to buy locally so I would probably go with the Meguiar's Ultimate Compound. I am thinking about replacing the Nu-finish with Meguiar's Ultimate Polish next time around also. Are there any specialty polishes or waxes out there that are going to make a noticeable difference in appearance over what I am using now?

Thanks in advance!
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.
Sponsored links