Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Trim Level: slt
Color: silver
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
cheapthrills is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotGunWillie View Post
I drive consistantly at 65 on the interstate and at some times exceeding 70, but very seldom. I keep it on cruise when I get out of the city. In town I just gently give it the gas, the truck appears to have "learned" my style because it isn't sluggish, but takes off nice and slow and smooth. I give it the go on occasion when need be, but I am not a fast driver on most days.

I have a 4x4 and 3.92s, thought that might be it. I am using 87 with 10% Ethanol. To be honest, I was and am expecting better than 13.5, I don't know what could causing it. I am thinking of mods that can be done to help with it, but I have a light pocket book thanks to Christmas.

I don't have any idiot light that tells me when I am running in MDS mode or not and I don't have a real time mpg read out, I do it all by hand, and that's what I have been coming up with.
I have the same configuration truck, 20" wheels. I can get 14/15 in town if I drive like an old man, about 18/19 on the highway with cruse set at 70, no MDS light but I scroll down to avg mpg so I can see how my foots effecting the mpg.