View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 04:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2012 ram 1500 R/T
Trim Level: R/t
Color: Wht
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:145
Buellrider will become famous soon enoughBuellrider will become famous soon enough

Cooler engine cooler cylinder temp less chance of detonation also the computer in theory ( not sure every computer controlled car) reading the cooler cyl temps will not pull out as much timing ='s more power thru the entire power curve. At the same time cooler engine temp will cause a richer fuel mixture and the computer on some again I'm not Sure Every... Will richen the fuel mixture even more trying to get it to operating temp. Which is perfect for bolt on modded trucks adding cold air, exhaust, tuners, throttle body, headers. If your only mod is a cold air your not gonna see much... If you have all the above it'll make quite a difference and also make it run safer with less chance of detonation because it's running fatter. Back in the old mustang days my blown 93 Cobra had a 160 but that old computer was easy to trick that was before tuners came along. Thermostats are super cheap and easy throw one in and butt dyno!! The cool thing now is having a Trinity T1000 and being able to monitor knock and timing and seeing gains or losses.... I highly recommend the T1000 the drivability of my truck alone was worth the price.

2012 R/T