Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 CC 4x4
Trim Level: SLT Bighorn
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Matt35F is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadInfluence View Post
What really irks me is that you have all these bleeding hearts that say we are not allowed to punish criminals that do stuff like this.
Name one person who has said crimes like these should not be punished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadInfluence View Post
Saying that we are inhuman and these criminals have rights. If you ask me i say they lost their rights when they did the shit they did (murder, rape, molestation, etc). And we pay for them with our tax money for them to sit in jail eating healthier with cable tv and all free of charge. What is wrong with this picture?
Eat healthier? Have you ever had prison food?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamateo76 View Post
I agree. I saw that show "locked up" and they showed a guy that his cell was so comfortable that I couldn't believe he was in prison for murder. He had a single cell, color tv, he had books, painting supplies, and even had his own coffee maker, and nook for snacks. Are these people serious? Now I know not all prisons are like that. But there's homeless people with mental illness that live and die in the streets every day and yet these murdering scumbags get a free ride in prison with our tax dollars.
In most, if not all, facilities, the offender has to pay for anything beyond the bed. cell, and his clothes. The TV, coffeemaker, snacks, etc. all are purchased, not given.

What people don't understand is that you cannot lock someone up in a confined space for an extended period of time. Morally, it's reprehensible (and don't give me that BS that there are no rights--people never give up certain basic rights no matter what they do.) Pragmatically, it's dangerous--as the old saw goes, idle hands are the devil's work. You would not want to be a CO at a facility where the population is extremely bored.

I deal with this type of person all day--I make a pretty good living ensuring that they get investigated, prosecuted and convicted of very serious crimes. I have no qualms about what type of people many inmates are. That doesn't change the fact that there are so many misconceptions about what really happens in prison.