View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 01:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Custom-mauhahaha
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:170
BadInfluence has a spectacular aura aboutBadInfluence has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to BadInfluence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt35F View Post
Name one person who has said crimes like these should not be punished.

Eat healthier? Have you ever had prison food?

In most, if not all, facilities, the offender has to pay for anything beyond the bed. cell, and his clothes. The TV, coffeemaker, snacks, etc. all are purchased, not given.

What people don't understand is that you cannot lock someone up in a confined space for an extended period of time. Morally, it's reprehensible (and don't give me that BS that there are no rights--people never give up certain basic rights no matter what they do.) Pragmatically, it's dangerous--as the old saw goes, idle hands are the devil's work. You would not want to be a CO at a facility where the population is extremely bored.

I deal with this type of person all day--I make a pretty good living ensuring that they get investigated, prosecuted and convicted of very serious crimes. I have no qualms about what type of people many inmates are. That doesn't change the fact that there are so many misconceptions about what really happens in prison.
Do you not watch TV? That's all you ever see on that 20/20 or CNN, MSN etc. Is them talking about how the prison system needs this and that, and how they are getting treated better then even the middle class in this country.

Now I have never been to prison but from what I see on the outside they(the inmates) seem pretty pampered.

And if the inmates are gonna be that bad cooped up, tough shiot. They should have thought about that before they raped some child, or mass murdered a family.

Call me a heartless bitch but I think if a criminal does something (murder, etc) and is found guilty they should have to go through they same shit they put their victim through. Then maybe we wouldn't have the murder rate we do.

Or even pick up how the Chinese deal with crime. You get caught stealing you loose a finger. If that won't deter crime then we're just screwed.