View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 11:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9L
Trim Level: Laramie SLT
Color: Red/silver
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:10
dirtsurferus is on a distinguished road

cap rotor and wires are new. plug is firing fine. coil is new too. the fuel pressure is correct according to the gauge that i got from auto zone. (i can't remember what the psi was lol) i also checked the compression of cylinder 7 and it was over 120 psi so that is good too. one thing that i have noticed though is that first the shrader valve in the right side of the engine (cylinders 1-7) fuel rail blew but after i replaced it it i noticed that the upper intake was wet..especially around the throttle body where it bolts at the top. and it looks wet around where i replaced the fuel injector too but i just figured that it was because that was from where when i pulled the fuel line off it sprayed everywhere...i have looked at it while running and it isn't spraying anymore... ? idk. one thing that i should mention...the vacuum lines for the cabin blowers (idk what they are called lol ) like heat and ac...they are busted so that all i have is defrost. I just havn't gotten around to fixing them yet lol i have been told that that effects the way it idols and such...? idk