Vehicle: 2008 Ram QC
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Electric Blue Pearlcoat
Engine: 2008-2008 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:35
rjs2005 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to rjs2005

Granpaclint:

If your intention was to troll up some conversation, congratulations, you accomplished your goal. If you truly want to vent your spleen over a failing dashboard on a 14 year old pickup truck and decided to lambast the entire Chrysler organization as well, you shouldn't really be surprised if you get flak for it on a DODGE RAM FORUM. This forum is made up of enthusiasts who enjoy their Rams and want to derive maximum enjoyment from it.

I've had my issues with Chryco in the past. My '85 Lancer kept eating speedometer cables, my '86 600 Coupe's landau top flaked, my '05 Magnum's differential seals leaked, both front and side, and I took all these issues directly to the dealer. The common thread is all of these vehicles were purchased NEW AT A DODGE DEALER. If you buy a vehicle second hand, you accept responsibility for issues that develop with that vehicle in the future, unless it is pre-negotiated at the time of sale, either by direct input (fix this before I buy) or a warranty that covers the repair. It's unfortunate that your dash has failed, but really now: Do you honestly believe that a manufacturer is going to cover that cost on a vehicle 14 years old?!? Even if they do, as stated before, the part being installed is going to be just about as old as the vehicle it's being put in. I mean you do realize when you order a part, they don't just push a button and a new part is instantly made, don't you?

Continuing on, you might want to check out newer Dodges. As with all vehicles, quality has improved. Sure, Chrysler has made it's share of "dogs", I'm not a big fan of the Caliber or the Avenger, but there are those who love them, and that's all right. I just don't buy one. Problem solved. Newer Dodge pickups are the most highly rated trucks on the market today for a reason: They are stylish, rugged, powerful trucks that last. Having said all that, if I thought my Dodge was a big ol' stinkin POS as you feel, I wouldn't continue driving it. I'd go get something else.

One final thought. You need to learn the meaning of "An Open Letter to..". Posting an open letter on a fan forum is hardly an "open letter". Yes, I'm sure someone at Chrysler probably reviews this and all the other Mopar-centric forums, but I doubt they spend the time necessary to dig deep and find your rant. If you really want to hear from them, contact them directly. I did when I was dissappointed they weren't putting a manual tranny in the Challenger SE. They contacted me back and explained their position. Their position may not have made me happy, but at least I knew why they did what they did. I got much more than going to the Challenger Forumz and whining about no stick shift in my SE.